Families and Healthcare in Thailand

This blog has been created for students participating in the 2014 University of Minnesota learning abroad course Families and Healthcare in Thailand. Students will share their stories and what they are learning as we travel to Chiang Mai, Chiangrai, and Bangkok.

Friday, January 20, 2012

I'm a Completely Different Person by Katie Koppy

Now that I am back home in Minnesota, I feel like a completely different person. I still don't know how or why, but something is just different. Thailand gave me some kind of drive to do better with my life and I am already seeing it within my actions. For instance, I used to never be able to wake up in the morning or have the motivation to. In Thailand, my sleep patterns got back on track, and I found that when you wake up early you get so much accomplished in one day and that there is so much to be seen and learned. Off of that idea, I find that I constantly want to be busy and active within my life. In Thailand, our schedules were so busy with activities and memories. I have carried this busy habit home with me. I see this in that I want to be busy and active and do more recreational activities outside of school, home, and work. Thailand also made me appreciate my life and the blessings I have that much more. Some of the people in Thailand don't have much, yet they are all so happy. There was only a few times that I met an angry or upset Thai person. I hope to always be seen this way: having a positive attitude and always smiling. Being home is a bittersweet feeling. I was happy to see my family and friends, but I will miss the memories and friends I have made in Thailand. I will forever hold my Thai and American friends in my heart. Thank you to everyone who made this experience so memorable for me. I love each and every one of you. I hope that we are not all strangers because I would love to see you all again!

No comments:

Post a Comment