Families and Healthcare in Thailand

This blog has been created for students participating in the 2014 University of Minnesota learning abroad course Families and Healthcare in Thailand. Students will share their stories and what they are learning as we travel to Chiang Mai, Chiangrai, and Bangkok.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Post by Katie Koppy

Today was our first full day in Bangkok. Compared to Chiang Mai and Chiang Ria, Bangkok seems to be a lot more busy and chaotic. Today we went to the Royal Palace and temples there were both tourists and Thai people everywhere. After tha we went to get a traditional Thai massage. It was much needed. I have a lot going on in this back of mine, so it was nice to have someone really dig in and get all my knots out! To end our busy day we went to a market here in Bangkok. It was crazy and overwhelming. We got assigned to do a scavenger hunt, and it turned out to be very stressful for everyone! After that we walked around and did some shopping. The market is divided up into sections of merchandise, but being a foreigner, it was still very hard to navigate throughout. Bangkok is biggest city I have ever been to and it shows through the congestion of people, cars, and my nost. Somewhere along this trip, I have picked up a cold and it is making me very drowzy. I hope I can kick it, especially before my birthday which is coming up in a few days! I cant wait to celebrate in Thailand!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment