Families and Healthcare in Thailand

This blog has been created for students participating in the 2014 University of Minnesota learning abroad course Families and Healthcare in Thailand. Students will share their stories and what they are learning as we travel to Chiang Mai, Chiangrai, and Bangkok.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Sunday's Experiences by Ginny Anderson

Today was a pretty great day! We went to the Royal Temple in the morning, had a traditional Thai massage in afternoon, and then we went to the market. The market was overwhelming. There was so much to look at, and there were people everywhere. I wanted to eat a cooked bug while we were there, but we ran out of time before it closed; I will make this happen before we leave Thailand though! When we left the market, we caught a Tuk-Tuk back to our hotel. I had not taken one in Chiang Mai or Chiang Rai, so this my first time. It was quite an experience, and I am not so sure I will be taking one again through the heart of Bangkok. Our driver (and other drivers) are crazy over here. We weave in and out of traffic so fast, I now fully understand why traffic accidents are the leading cause of death in Thailand. We made it back in one piece though, and I am excited for what tomorrow brings! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment