Families and Healthcare in Thailand

This blog has been created for students participating in the 2014 University of Minnesota learning abroad course Families and Healthcare in Thailand. Students will share their stories and what they are learning as we travel to Chiang Mai, Chiangrai, and Bangkok.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Returning Home

I have been home for a week now. It has been an adjustment returning from Thailand to home. From the trip I gained so much knowledge, not just from the lectures. While in Thailand, I learned and realized one can live a full and happy life with just the bare necessities. Simplicity, is a common word that in our final discussion everyone mentioned. The trip opened my eyes, being back at home I have started to make adjustments in my life, and trying to live a more calm and happy upbeat life. Everyone in Thailand was always so happy, Thai Happy. The Buddhist lifestyle is so calming, and is something that greatly intrigued me, I have been trying to learn more about Buddhism and learn from the knowledge of the Buddha. Being home is bittersweet.
I can tell that I am a different person, and that the trip has had a large impact on me. Coming home and having to get ready for school, and all the other things I have going on has been crazy. While I was in Thailand I was able to step back and really enjoy where I was and not have to rush or feel like there was something I needed to be doing. I have been trying to adjust my life and continue to step back slow things down, get ahead and truly be calmer.

The Thailand experience could not have been better, I am so lucky to have gone with such amazing people. Being back and not seeing everyone is very sad, we all had a wonderful time together and I met people and made memories that I will never forget. As I continue to make adjustments from what I learned in Thailand, I am starting a new chapter in my life. I am so blessed for the experience I had, and will always think back about how lucky I am and was for the wonderful experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment