Families and Healthcare in Thailand

This blog has been created for students participating in the 2014 University of Minnesota learning abroad course Families and Healthcare in Thailand. Students will share their stories and what they are learning as we travel to Chiang Mai, Chiangrai, and Bangkok.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Reflections on Thailand by Kari Lawrence

I can't believe that I have already been back in the states for a whole week! Its back to real life! I've been trying to get adjusted to being in school again, searching for a part-time job, and trying to get used to this freezing weather!

I had a blast in Thailand and learned so much I'm having trouble explaining to everyone everything I experienced. I feel like before I left for Thailand I heard stories about peoples' experiences and thought I had a pretty good idea of what Thailand was all about. I couldn't have been more wrong. There is so much more to Thailand than those who have been there are able to retell. And I am starting to feel that way when people ask me. I am just not able to describe in detail all of the amazing things we experienced,unless of course they are willing to sit down for at least 5 hours, but even then that wouldn't be enough. I am so glad that I went on this trip and had to opportunity to experience a culture completely different than our own. There is so much more out there besides what we experience in the U.S. and I believe it is important to take any opportunity you can to travel and see what is out there!

I am so grateful that I had this opportunity and I feel like Thailand has really opened up my eyes to a lot of things. After being back I realize that I have a new appreciation for everything that I have here at home. I don't think that I would have been able to realize this appreciation if I had not traveled to Thailand. It's amazing what only 3 weeks in another country can do to your outlook on life!

No comments:

Post a Comment