Families and Healthcare in Thailand

This blog has been created for students participating in the 2014 University of Minnesota learning abroad course Families and Healthcare in Thailand. Students will share their stories and what they are learning as we travel to Chiang Mai, Chiangrai, and Bangkok.

Friday, January 6, 2012

Post by Kari Lawrence

This first week in Thailand has been amazing! I'm experiencing things I never thought I would be able to say I did. I've had the opportunity to ride an elephant, attend a Thai cooking school, visit a mental hospital, and shop around at the markets. So far, I think my favorite part was visiting a Buddhist temple. There we had the chance to sit down with a monk and ask any questions we had. We also got to see a temple that was over 600 years old! This first week in Chiang Mai has been amazing and I'm excited to see what Chiang Rai and Bangkok have to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment