Families and Healthcare in Thailand

This blog has been created for students participating in the 2014 University of Minnesota learning abroad course Families and Healthcare in Thailand. Students will share their stories and what they are learning as we travel to Chiang Mai, Chiangrai, and Bangkok.

Friday, January 20, 2012

Using What I Learned from Thailand by Ginny Anderson

I can't believe a week ago today we were in Thailand and I felt too hot. Right about now I am missing not only that heat but also the memories we were making. My first full day back in the states took a bit of adjusting to. I started my first day at a full time job, and I was extremely jet lagged. That morning I drove back to Duluth, and I found myself in shock that the roads were so clear. Traffic was nothing compared to what we had seen in the last three weeks. When I got to work, I found out that day that I wouldn't get to unpack my suit cases for long; I had to leave town for work the next morning at 7:30 for the rest of the week. Being exhausted and overwhelmed, I was not too enthused to be staying in a hotel for another week. I just wanted to get settled back into my life in the states and then let things take off. As the week has passed though, I have reminded myself of the things I learned in Thailand. From the Thai culture I have learned to be happy with where you are and what you have. Even though I am tired, I need to remind myself to keep a positive attitude and just SMILE. I could not be more happy with the position I accepted, and I am very fortunate to finally be working in my chosen career. In all reality, I have nothing to be complaining about, and Thailand has showed me that. I am so very blessed that I was able to experience Thailand and all of the adventures that our group embarked on together. Now that I am back in the states, I am on to my next adventure in auditing. I just want to thank you all for making my Thailand experience what it was, AMAZING!! I will never forget any of you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment